- Posted 03 January 2023
- Salary£75000 - £90000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameAlex King
Our client is a well-known international developer looking for a Head of District/Operations for their purpose built, permanent work-space for creatives.
Designed by best-in-class architects, the district provides space for people to come together, to share and collaborate across the entire community.
From desk spaces to clean and dirty workshops, the Food Hall and world class facilities on your doorstep, the district is London's newest destination for the creative community.
The Head of District will lead a strong and successful team to deliver the clearly communicated operational, commercial, and service targets. Alongside that, being the ultimate ambassador and proud promoter for the business.
- Team - Bring together the team with many disparate talents and demands to make the district the single most desirable place to work for creative businesses in London.
- Finance & Commercial - Accountable for delivering the commercial, financial and community successes through both hard and soft objectives.
- Operations & Relationship Management - Manage the push and pull between delivering a low occupational cost and having a well operated space that is safe, vibrant and a recognised destination.
- Service - Deliver the service aspirations and lead others to deliver that, rewarding success and highlighting and resolving short comings.
You will understand place, culture, brand, and design and be the epitome of the brand with a razor-sharp understanding of all the creative industries. Alongside that you can operate a commercial entity in line with business goals keeping commercial goals balanced with the company's aspiration for the place, culture and most importantly the audience.
You are a proven commercial and operational professional, proactive, and focused on service and delivery as well as a being a motivated and expert relationship builder.
You will understand the audience and will foster loyalty in them through your problem-solving attitude, your commercial acumen and your entirely 'can do' approach.
Used to working in a multi-faceted role including an F&B operation and building / facilities management, you will have experience of managing a multi-site operation where operations, service and delivery are front and centre of everyday.
Nothing fazes you; you are happy to work strategically and in front of an audience - you are hands on. You are a consummate multitasker and have an organised, calm, methodical and creative approach to your work and you adopt excellent time management skills alongside experience in leading others in a comparable operational or commercial role or environment.
This role is new and will require a flexible approach and a wholly open mind alongside some grit and determination to see it evolve into the place it is designed to be.
Key Skills & Attributes:
- 5 years + proven experience in similar operational or commercial role / sector
- Experience of asset management - property / retail / arts or other cultural sectors
- Experience of senior leadership role ideally used to directly reporting to Board Directors
- Proven experience of commercial success in creative environment / sector
- Strong verbal and written communicator
- Experience and first-class knowledge of marketing a creative endeavour
- Demonstrable experience of leading multi-disciplined teams including F&B, property facilities, a club, or similar entities
- Demonstrable experience of setting standards and leading others to deliver those standards
- Attention to detail at all levels and the ability to multitask across various functions
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint & Word)