Back to jobs
- Posted 07 March 2023
- Salary£50000 - £65000 per annum
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameHannah Taylor
Our client, a specialist investment management business focused on the UK build-to-rent residential sectors, is looking to hire an ambitious and dynamic Investment Analyst to provide support in delivering the company's strategy and business plans. Reporting to the Investment Manager, this role will have exposure to all aspects of the investment and portfolio management process as the business seeks to meet its ambitious growth targets.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an active specialist real estate investment management business and gain exposure to a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere with significant opportunity for career development.
About the role
- Assisting the investment team in screening and under writing new investment opportunities, financial analysis and excel cashflow modelling, financing, IRRs, output sensitivities etc.
- The preparation of investment committee memorandums and presentations including undertaking necessary market research.
- Assisting in deal execution and due diligence work streams, including managing internal workstreams, liaising with external brokers and other stakeholders.
- Producing detailed portfolio management performance reporting for managed vehicles and individual assets on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Creating budgeting and business planning materials for managed vehicle and relevant entities
- Creating and managing market research databases drawing on demographic and investment trends across the UK BTR sector.
- Supporting the senior team in establishing and implementing capital management strategies.
- Engaging with external parties including service providers, lenders and investors.
- Supporting the operations and finance teams with analysis and creation of presentation materials.
- Tracking and reporting on the performance of development projects from acquisition through to divestment.
- Ideally 2-3 years post graduate experience as an Analyst in a similar fast paced environment.
- Advanced analytical capabilities including creating, calculating and interpreting complex financial models - DCF, NPV, IRR etc.
- Well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to work independently and with fellow employees as part of a transactional or project team.
- Be able to demonstrate maturity, reliability and strong attention to detail, along with commercial acumen.
- Proven experience in investment / financial analysis and transaction support (preferably within BTR, PBSA or other 'beds' sectors)
- Ambition to develop a career within the UK living real estate market
- Be extremely proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Motivated and able to work in a face-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere with significant opportunity for growth.
Liquid error: internal