Land Buyer / Manager
- Posted 09 May 2023
- Salary£50000 - £65000 per annum + bonus + benefits
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameJake Mcmonagle
Land Buyer / Manager
Do you want to work for a market leading SME Developer based in London as a Land buyer or Manager?
This well-funded developer is hiring due to ambitious growth plans. The successful candidate will be responsible for sourcing and acquiring new opportunities across London and Greater London.
This developer can demonstrate an impressive track record and pipeline.
This opportunity would suit someone who wants to progress and develop within a dynamic team, but also thrives on the opportunity to work autonomously.
- Appraising new land to establish key risks and thereafter profitability and land value
- Acquire land on the most favourable terms
- Source sites through a variety of methods including direct identification, liaising with agents and developing corporate relationships
- Liaise with internal and external teams to create optimal development solutions and layouts
- Collaborate with finance team to prepare cashflow analysis of a range of housing typologies
- Negotiate options to acquire sites or outright purchases
- Liaise effectively with legal advisors, within the budget allocated, through to completion
- Smoothly transition new land to the Development team and support them with any land related matters such as overages
What you need
- 3 to 5 years' previous land agency or land Buying
- London Residential experience
- Working knowledge of the planning system
- Highly numerate with an analytical mind
- MRICS qualified - Preferred
- Exposure to a range of property and tenure types
- Strong commercial focus and foresight with sound negotiation skills
- Established contacts within the industry sector
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.
If this role seems of interest to you, please do not hesitate to contact me on:
Jake Mcmonagle, Principal Consultant Land, Development & Planning
T: 07827 011252