Are you interested in a career in Property Facilities Management?
Do you want to work for a company who will provide training and qualifications towards your career in facilities management?
Our client are actively looking to hire a candidate with a strong work ethic, who wants to learn and progress
With no experience necessary and all training provided, this could be a great opportunity for you!
The Maintenance Assistant role is to support the Maintenance Operative and Property Team in delivering the best experience for Residents at a brand new Build to Rent development in Colindale. The development is a residential building of 347 units in Colindale, NW9, with shared communal facilities such as a Co-Work Lounge and Gym. The key purpose of this role is to ensure all areas in and around the building are well maintained; run efficiently; to the highest standard of cleanliness; and to play their part in ensuring resident, staff and contractors' safety is always considered.
The shift pattern is based on a 40-hour week, primarily as a Mon- Fri role however during turn arounds or if business requires then including Saturdays and Sundays with days off in the week.
Maintenance and Property Upkeep:
- Assist with the general upkeep of the property
- To investigate and report any issues to the Maintenance Operative so that the property runs efficiently and any disruption to the residents is kept to a minimum.
- Support the Maintenance Operative with the day-to-day management of reactive and preventative maintenance.
- Assisting the Maintenance Operative in carrying out regular Health & Safety checks in the building; including fire alarms and emergency lighting checks.
- Daily building walks to identify Health and Safety risks; reporting these to the Maintenance Operative and Resident Managers; and assist in complete all resultant actions.
- Assist the Maintenance Operative with pre-move in checks and apartment inspections.
- Assist with keeping record, logs and monitoring any maintenance issues that may arise within the property
- Assist the Maintenance Operative with apartment end of tenancy turnarounds; assisting with redecorating apartments and communal areas as required.
- Assisting with the coordination of third-party contractors to ensure completion of work and adherence to site health and safety procedures.
- To ensure all areas in and around the building are maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness.
- Communicate effectively and courteously, whether face to face, via telephone or in writing, with Residents and colleagues, to offer assistance when possible.
- Report maintenance issues to the Maintenance Operative, liaising effectively with the Property Team
- Proactively find ways to help residents maintain and take care of their apartments, giving guidance and assistance where required.
- Support members of the team by answering questions and offering guidance.
- Attend and constructively contribute to team meetings, sharing knowledge, developing and supporting new ideas and improved processes.
- Contribute and support the growth of the team culture, working in line with the brand values and encouraging others to do the same.
If you are looking to find a career in property management and are motivated to learn, please do apply!
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.
Job has Expired