I'm working with a student accommodation company that is looking for an experienced Maintenance Manager. The Maintenance Manager is responsible for ensuring the upkeep, safety, and functionality of properties. Their primary duties include overseeing maintenance programs, managing facilities, and supervising a maintenance team. The role involves maintaining compliance with safety standards, conducting audits, and managing property documentation.
Have experience in managing a team? Want to be hands on? Have experience in plant rooms? Keep reading...
Maintenance Manager Responsibilities:
- Maintain properties to ensure a secure, comfortable, and safe environment
- Oversee planned maintenance programs and respond to maintenance needs promptly.
- Manage facilities, maintenance programs, and building lifecycle to meet customer and property management objectives.
- Ensure 100% compliance in audits and maintain accurate property documentation.
- Supervise property team to ensure adherence to health and safety policies and proper risk management.
- Support resident needs by collaborating with Customer and Night Teams for optimal solutions.
- Provide excellent customer service and improve service quality through team feedback.
- Participate actively in team meetings and wider forums, contributing constructively.
- Line manage Maintenance Operatives and Supervisors, providing feedback and managing resources effectively.
- Identify and address training needs within the Maintenance team.
- Collaborate with the People team for recruitment and onboarding of Maintenance Operatives.
- Develop positive relationships with contractors and other internal teams for efficient operations.
- Undertake specific training, including IT systems, to enhance skills for the role.
- Support the succession planning for top performers within the Maintenance team.
- Handle ad hoc tasks as required due to the nature of the role.
- On-call work on a rotating basis to support business needs.
- 37.5 hours/week, including bank holidays.
- Relevant experience in Facilities/Estates/Maintenance with a proven track record.
- Ability to develop junior colleagues' technical skills.
- Problem-solving ability with good common sense.
- Strong communication skills and a professional appearance.
- Flexibility in approach to tasks to support property teams.
- Good computer literacy.
- Technical maintenance skills in areas like plumbing, electrical HVAC, etc.
- Experience with Building Management Systems (BMS).
- Previous team management experience.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your resume or email , We look forward to reviewing your application and potentially welcoming you to the dedicated maintenance team!
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.