Are you actively studying for your ACA? Are you looking to learn and progress your career within finance?
This role sits within a dedicated team, following a period of sustained growth and multiple acquisitions, within the property sector. They are one of the leading property companies in the UK, specialising in building and investing in sustainable spaces and buildings. The portfolio consists of mainly commercial buildings, retail, work space and leisure.
This Management Accountant role is based in South West London, working in a large team of 10 reporting directly into the Head of Finance. The team is a friendly and inclusive team with a mixed range of experience and specialities, focusing on the Group's financial reporting, tax, treasury, financial analysis and the head office functions and statutory entities.
- Monthly financial reporting of the development and responding to queries from the wider Group and external auditors.
- Production of analysis to support commercial decisions, working closely with other members of the finance team.
- Profit and cash flow forecasts accurately.
- Debtors, creditors and fixed asset schedules.
- Projection of the balance sheet, establishing a detailed understanding of work in progress, sales deposits, and accounting provisions for our developments.
- Preparation of year end deliverable and responding to external audit queries.
- Month end close
- Internal VAT return submissions and VAT reconciliations, developing an understanding of VAT treatment specific to the construction industry.
- Ad hoc posting of journals
- Inter company reconciliations
- Management of confidential payroll information and costing
- Studying towards ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA (ACA is preferred)
- Good personal skills and team working skills
- Working well under strict deadlines
- A good team player who can operate in a professional and friendly environment
- A motivated individual, who can work autonomously
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong relationships across the business at all levels
Benefits of the role:
- Study support (financially and days off)
- Private health care
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- A clear pathway to progression
Please apply if you are suitable for the role.