deverellsmith are recruiting an ambitious, dynamic Project manager who is relatively new in their career, and wants to thrive working for a forward-thinking, independent Property Consultancy.
You'll work from a newly refurbished office in the City of London and be given support and exposure to manager a variety of construction projects, nationwide, from inception to completion.
Our client prides themselves on their people-centric and progressive approach; and you will be joining a cohesive, results-driven team with strong relationships in the market.
- Assist in the management of various projects from initiation to completion.
- Collaborate on-site for quality control, ensuring projects meet high standards.
- Liaise with construction supervisors and neighbouring building owners on a daily basis.
- Review contractor method statements, risk assessments, and maintain accurate project records.
- Assess contractors monthly payment applications and support financial tracking.
- Ensure a comprehensive understanding of contractor's scopes of work.
- Participate in both on-site and off-site inspections as required
- Work closely with the project team, providing support and contributing to a collaborative work environment.
- Input relevant information into electronic document management systems and project control systems
- Assist the commercial manager/quantity surveyor with essential project information.
You will have proven experience in Project Management, ideally chartered (but this is not essential). You will be looking to take the next step in your career eventually building up your own portfolio and growing with the business.
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Construction Management, or a related field.
- Ideally from a main contractor background
- Relevant internships or work experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to changing priorities.
- Knowledge of construction industry practices and project management methodologies.