- Posted 16 May 2023
- Salary£55000 - £62000 per annum
- LocationNorth West London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineFinance, Head Office & Business Support
- Contact NameHarriet Winter
Are you a property/ company accountant looking for your next eciting role? Please apply below if you have the correct experience.
This position will provide support to the Finance Director in accurately processing all day to day transactions, payments and receipts but also supporting the Systems Accountant in delivering improvements to financial systems and processes. Experience working in a family / estate office is very preferred.
Based in North West London, this property company are looking for an Property Accountant to join their growing team. They have an extensive portfolio of both residential and commercial investments at an extremely high net worth.
This is a hybrid working role (up to 3 days WFH each week), along with some other amazing benefits.
- Attendance at meetings with Trustees, managing agents and advisers as required.
- Preparation of periodic expenditure reports and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide schedules and other information for the purposes of the annual audit.
- Managing the relationship between the Estate Office and the beneficiaries.
- Ensuring compliance with the Trust Registration Scheme and GDPR.
- Managing the purchase ledger ensuring supplier invoices are properly coded and paid.
- Challenge suppliers and advisers where costs are not in line with budget.
- Periodic posting of all journals and maintenance of the nominal ledger.
- Administering tenancy deposits and the tenancy deposit scheme.
- Maintaining bank accounts, preparing the cash books and posting the journals.
- Reviewing service charge budgets liaising with managing agents to reduce arrears.
- Management of the Construction Industry Scheme and reporting to HMRC.
- Arranging payment of non-purchase ledger expenses including Corporation Tax, Income Tax, VAT, PAYE, property acquisitions, distributions.
- Liaison with managing agents who are responsible for rent ledger and credit control.
- Liaison with managing agents who are responsible for service charges and arrears.
- Administering the annual insurance renewal and billing to tenants.
- Management of all insurance claims and producing periodic reports.
- Preparation and submission of the quarterly VAT return and any VAT elections.
- Maintain base values on CGT database, update for disposals and issue reports.
- Liaise with Systems Accountant to identify and deliver process improvements
- Degree or equivalent.
- Fully qualified or part qualified accountant, relevant experience in a property business preferred, or family office environment.
- Advanced training on Excel, Access databases, PowerBI, SharePoint (or similar tools).
- Training on use of Tramps PM&A (or similar systems). Optional
Please apply if you have the right skill set.