If you are looking for a position within an established real estate company with growth plans that you be at the forefront of? This could be the role for you. We are working exclusively with a BTR owner and manager based in Central London to recruit for a Senior Accountant to join their finance function.
They are looking for somebody with strong real estate experience and passion for the sector, either residential or commercial. The role itself is particularly appealing if you are looking for a varied role that offers broader exposure than you are likely to experience elsewhere in the sector.
The core responsibilities include:
- Prepare monthly management accounts for interview reporting, including detailed variance analysis
- Review monthly and quarterly results for the investor reporting packs for the UK and Jersey entities
- Assist with new financing and refinancing, monitoring bank compliance reporting
- Working closely with the Asset Management team, produce and review annual budgets
- Liaise with key contacts outside of finance including operations and corporate services
- Cash-flow forecasting for properties inclusive of capital development and refurbishment projects
- Revenue management for residential assets, including rent, service charges and management fees
- Tax accounting, reviewing annual corporation and income tax calculations from external advisers
As a Senior Accountant within the team you will have some managerial responsibilities for junior members of the finance time including conducting formal annual and mid-year appraisals, setting clear objectives.
As a company that pride themselves on their teamwork and cohesive nature they are looking for an individual that are able to demonstrate a willingness to help others, particularly less experienced accountants within the team through coaching and support.
Given the nature of this position, the client is looking for somebody with the following skills and prior experience:
- ACA qualification with at least 3 years PQE, ideally from a top practice firm
- Real estate industry experience is essential within an investor, developer or asset manager
- Direct management experience would be preferable but track record of coaching staff is crucial
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
The client offers a hybrid working model with the opportunity to work two days from home during the working week. They also offer a generous bonus which has been paid out consistently in recent years and rewards high-performing individuals.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in and have the necessary experience required, then feel free to apply. Alternatively, if you would like to know more information about the position then contact Joseph Morris at deverellsmith for a more in-depth chat.