Are you a professional Quantity Surveyor who wishes to be a Commercial Lead for a client-side developer? Our client, a Residential/BTR Investor, Developer & Operator is currently looking to strengthen their Commercial team with the appointment of a Quantity Surveyor based in Kent.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-funded client-side developer with a strong pipeline of work, ambitious growth plans and the scope to own and lead a Commercial function. Reporting to the Development Director, you will play a pivotal role in managing the financial aspects of their construction projects from inception to completion and your expertise will ensure cost-effective solutions and the successful delivery of high-quality residential developments.
The ideal candidate will have experience working for a recognised developer, cost consultancy or principal contractor and a track record of residential construction projects. Chartered professional status is highly advantageous.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Cost Management: Oversee cost planning, budgeting, and cost control for residential construction projects.
- Procurement: Manage procurement processes, including tendering, supplier selection, and contract negotiation.
- Contract Management: Administer construction contracts, ensuring compliance and mitigating risks.
- Estimating: Prepare accurate cost estimates, cost plans, and feasibility studies for new projects.
- Value Engineering: Identify opportunities for value engineering to optimize project costs.
- Financial Reporting: Provide regular financial reports, cost forecasts, and variance analysis.
- Project Collaboration: Collaborate with project teams, architects, contractors, and consultants to meet project objectives.
- Change Management: Evaluate and negotiate change orders and variations as necessary.
- Compliance: Stay updated on relevant regulations, permits, and industry standards.
- Risk Management: Identify and mitigate project risks to minimize disruptions.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate project records, including contracts, correspondence, and meeting minutes.
- Post-Project Analysis: Contribute to post-project analysis to identify lessons learned and areas for improvement.
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying or related field (minimum HNC/HND).
- Highly advantageous - Chartered Quantity Surveyor status or working towards it (e.g., MRICS).
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor in residential or Build to Rent developments.
- Understanding of various types of build (Traditional Build & RC Frame)
- Strong knowledge of construction contracts, cost control, and procurement.
- Proficiency in estimating and cost management software.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Conscientious mindset with a focus on accuracy and quality.
- Familiarity with UK construction regulations and standards.