This Service Charge Accountant position is for an award-winning mixed-use property developer. Their most famous development in west London is one of Europe's largest and most exciting transformation projects where they have already delivered thousands of homes, shops, offices, restaurants, hotels and cultural venues as well as supporting a growing community of residents and workers.
This position will assist in the creation and ownership of service charge models for each block; working with management to ensure that reliable budgets are produced on a timely basis so they can be communicated and billed to tenants, reported internally monthly and reconciled at year end.
You will have the flexibility to work from home 3 days a week, along with flexible working hours.
- In collaboration with the Finance Director and Estate & Retail Finance Manager, manage the accounting for the annual block service charge budget, liaising across functions. Offering valuable insight into the development of the service charge setting process and ensure that this process is applied consistently across each block in line with RICS Best Practices.
- Manage the service charge models, update for any new costs, tenant level apportionments and recommend any cost allocation and process improvements. Conduct regular reviews of the model to ensure it is still fair and appropriate as new assets come online.
- Raise tenant demands for service charges on a quarterly basis and any other miscellaneous charges on a periodic basis.
- Monitor KPI's such as aged debt. Supervise credit control activities and arrears reporting, including chasing tenants for payment. Flag any financial risks to the business.
- Monthly review of budget vs actual expenditure and balance sheet analysis, providing commentary to explain variances. Monthly reconciliation of apportionment of costs. Preparing monthly reporting.
- Assisting with responding to service charge queries as well as understanding the impact of potential changes in policy or legislation.
- Conducting year-end procedures: preparing trial balance reports, preparing year-end income & expenditure reports. Managing the relationship with the external service charge auditors.
- Assist Finance Manager with ad-hoc projects and monthly management accounting.
- Qualified professional accountancy qualification (CIMA, ACCA or ACA).
- Must have service charge accounting work experience in previous position.
- Experience of producing regular management accounts and managing budgets.
- Experience of adapting or streamlining processes to maximise efficiency's.
- Enthusiastic, flexible and innovative team player who is comfortable working as part of a commercial team.
- IT literate with intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Previous experience of using Proactis and Access Dimensions highly beneficial but not essential.
- Annual Leave: 27 days (excluding bank holidays) + 1 discretionary Directors Day
- Life Assurance: 4x Salary (on commencement)
- Discretionary bonus
- Private medical insurance: Single (after probationary period)
- Dental (On commencement)
- Pension contribution
- PHI: After one year's employment
- Season ticket loan: After probationary period
- Cycle to work scheme: On commencement
- Purchase of additional annual leave: On commencement
- Health assessment: After probationary period
Please apply if you have the relevant experience and you are available to interview the first week of June.
Job has Expired