- Posted 09 September 2022
- Salary£24000 - £28000 per annum + car, mileage, expenses, pro rata holidays
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineReal Estate Management, Operations & Service Delivery
- Contact NameLisa Taylor
A very well established client of ours whom with worked with for over 15 years have asked for our assistance to find them two graduates who can offer urgent help in their affordable housing team, which is part of their Residential consulting advisory team, most of whom are Chartered surveyors or training to be.
You don't need any prior experience as training will be given, just ideally a property related degree, but not essential though an interest in property is! This is a great opportunity for a first jobber or someone wanting a foot in the door.
The work requires inspections of social housing throughout England and possibly Wales, based out of the head office in London, though flexible on home location. These inspections involve both drive-by and internal inspections of people's homes. Further detail of the role is as follows;
- inspections of tenanted social housing throughout England and Wales - both external and internal
- genuine interest in residential property, valuation and surveying
- respect and empathy for members of the public in their homes as a representative of the company and to their social landlords
- able to work independently, out of the office about 3 days a week on average, therefore require self-starters;
- willing to be away overnight on occasion as business needs dictate
- office work conducting research on properties inspected or other similar properties
- internet research and calls to agents - establishing market values and market rents
- confident person who won't mind calling in on residents and going in to their homes who can work quickly and get the inspection done with limited disruption
- enjoy a fast paced job and someone who enjoys managing their own appointments
- be a competent driver and be confident with sometimes long distances
You will be given a salary of around £25,000, initially based on a 6 month fixed term contract which could likely be extended. You'll also get a car, mileage and expenses where needs be for meals and of course any over night stays covered.
You should ideally be able to start quickly and must be eligible to work in the UK, and must have a diving licence.