Back to jobs
This position is a 12 month maternity cover, with the view to start as soon as possible. Apply Now
Accounts Assistant Maternity Cover
- Posted 01 March 2023
- Salary£40000 - £45000 per annum + + bonus
- Job type Temporary
- DisciplineFinance, Head Office & Business Support
- Contact NameHarriet Winter
Are you looking for a new and exciting role within a small but dedicated team?
This position is a 12 month maternity cover, with the view to start as soon as possible.
This Assistant Accountant position is working within a small finance team for a leading London property developer. This is the perfect role for an accountant to learn and progress within the property industry.
Please apply if you are on a 2 week notice period or less or coming to the end of your current contract.
The duties for this Assistant Accountant role are:
- Preparation of bank reconciliations for multiple entities within the Essential Living Group.
- Preparation of VAT returns for multiple entities within the Essential Living Group.
- Preparation of CIS returns for multiple entities within the Essential Living Group.
- Assist with the accounts payable process, including:
- Coordination of invoice and purchase order approvals.
- Posting of invoices onto the accounting system.
- Processing payments via internet banking.
- Dealing with supplier queries.
- Review and booking of staff expenses.
- Assist with the accounts receivable process, including:
- Processing of standing orders and direct debits.
- Allocation of payments to invoices on accounting and property management systems.
- Raising and processing sales invoices.
- Processing deposit refunds and inter-company cash transfers.
- Preparation of journals and other supporting workings for review by the Management Accountant.
- Assisting the Management Accountant with monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting the Management Accountant with tax returns for the Group's property owning SPVs.
- Assisting with the external audit process.
- Involvement in the administration of the Group's transfer pricing arrangements, including identification and execution of recharges.
- Testing of bank covenants and the drafting of associated compliance certificates.
- Preparation of credit card reconciliations.
- A hybrid working style is encouraged, working 2 days a week in the office.
- Private healthcare
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
It is essential that you have experience using Xero system.