We are looking for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join our client, a leading and well-established residential contractor, renowned for their commitment to quality, innovation, and customer satisfaction. With an extensive portfolio of successful residential projects, they continue to shape the landscape of the regeneration industry. As they expand their operations and embark on exciting new ventures, they are seeking a talented and dedicated Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their team.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will play a crucial role in supporting the Commercial department in the effective management of costs and financial aspects of their construction projects. You will work closely with experienced professionals and gain valuable hands-on experience in all stages of the construction process.
- Collaborate with the Quantity Surveying team to prepare accurate and timely cost estimates, budgets, and financial reports for ongoing and upcoming projects.
- Assist in the procurement process, including preparing tender documents, evaluating bids, and negotiating contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Monitor and track project costs, variations, and progress against budgets.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Support the team in resolving commercial issues, disputes, and claims.
- Stay updated with industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to quantity surveying and cost management.
- Experience on residential projects
- Strong numerical and analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent organisational and time management abilities, with the capacity to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Proficient in using industry-standard software such as MS Excel and quantity surveying software.
- Good knowledge of construction contracts, measurement techniques, and valuation methodologies.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with colleagues and external stakeholders.
- A proactive and self-motivated approach with the ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Salary - £35,000 - £42,000 plus car allowance & benefits package
Job has Expired