- Posted 09 May 2022
- Salary£100000 - £150000 per annum + Potential to earn equity in the business
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Finance, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameSarah Mcloughlin
deverellsmith are delighted to have exclusively partnered with an SME private developer to assist them with the recruitment of their new Development Director.
This role is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial Development Director to join a well-funded business with ambitious plans for growth. Working in a small, dynamic team, this role will offer close exposure to the Board and offers a real chance to help steer the direction of the company.
You will play a key role in ensuring the successful delivery of the companies most important projects, situated within a high value area of Central London. The successful candidate will help create planning strategies and secure planning approvals that optimise the value of existing portfolio and new acquisitions, either by direct negotiations with planning authorities or via planning consultants.
The post holder will be responsible for identifying acquisition opportunities through market and occupier contacts for input to the acquisition strategy, coordinating the overall development process (from project brief to delivery) and managing the external professional team including architects, planning consultants, cost consultants, environmental consultants, engineers and project managers.
- Supporting the acquisition and management of schemes through planning and delivery
- Appointment and coordination of professional consultant teams, in house reporting and lead on project team meetings
- Take ownership of the financial direction of the project, reporting project progress against development appraisal objectives throughout the project lifecycle
- Work closely with internal sales and marketing colleagues, ensuring that the product specification and offer is market facing to drive profitability within the business
- Represent the company, where requested, to various statutory authorities, professional organisations and other outside groups
- Experience of the development stages, including acquisition, planning and delivery on site, as well as an understanding of the wider development lifecycle comprising sales, marketing and customer care
- Experienced in mixed use property development process within Central London
- Demonstrable experience in managing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Autonomous by nature, driven to succeed and an adaptive approach to team operations
- Superb communication and people skills are essential, a significant part of the role will involve building and managing relationships with senior internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous experience of leading and motivating teams is essential.