- Posted 07 March 2023
- Salary£55000 - £73000 per annum + benefits
- LocationSouth London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameJake Mcmonagle
Are you a Development Manager with experience working in major residential schemes and regeneration projects? Do you want to be part of a growing development company tasked with delivering over 2500 homes in a London borough that is growing increasingly popular?
deverellsmith has partnered with a developer who's primary objective is to support their Council in delivering its Growth Strategy, making a difference to the borough as a place and acting commercially to generate additional revenue streams.
London's economy continues to grow, and the council is seeking to capture and manage that growth and the opportunities it creates. Implementing the Council's Growth Strategy will be core activities for them over the coming years.
You will lead on overseeing all development activities, including design, planning, tendering, construction services, sales, and marketing. Working with the company's design teams and technical service providers and construction contractors, you will ensure the successful delivery of housing development schemes.
Purpose of role
- To manage on behalf of the company, and be responsible for, the execution and successful delivery of the companies Development Programme as set out in the Business Plan's prescribed timescales and agreed budget.
- To lead the appointment and management of multi-disciplinary consultant teams.
- To manage the co-ordination of the company's design, technical and construction representation on all allocated projects.
- To assist in the development of Project Management as an essential skill set within the business.
- Define the company project requirements, prepare tender documentation, and advise on the appointment of consultants and contractors to achieve the best outcomes for the company.
- Provide robust leadership and full management of projects to support the Managing Director in achieving the company's aims.
- Prepare and present reports to the company Board and external bodies (public meetings, trust boards, external stakeholders, etc.) concerning project strategy, programmes, budgets, and outputs.
- Where the company becomes involved in direct construction, manage the appointment and procurement of the project team.
- You will ensure the project structure delivers the required outputs and approve the release of staged payments to contractors and consultants. It is not expected that you will act as construction or contracts manager for any construction projects.
- Be fully conversant with different procurement methods and advise appropriately to achieve the best outcomes for the company.
- Manage the resolution of complex design and technical problems to provide safe, cost efficient solutions to achieve the best outcomes for the company.
- Assist in the development of post-contract control mechanisms to ensure timely project delivery.
- Meet agreed individual and group targets identified through the company's appraisal system.
- Ensure projects are reported monthly through a suitable project reporting tool.
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive, and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.
If this role seems of interest to you, please do not hesitate to contact me on - 07827 011252
Jake Mcmonagle, Principal Consultant Land, Planning & Development