Investment Analyst - London
- Posted 14 March 2023
- Salary£30000 - £35000 per annum
- LocationCity of London
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameJada Spence
Job Title: Investment Analyst
About the Role:
As an Investment Analyst, you will play a vital role in supporting the investment team with financial analysis, deal execution, and portfolio management. You will work closely with the senior team to identify and underwrite new investment opportunities, manage due diligence processes, and produce detailed performance reports for managed vehicles and individual assets. This is a fast-paced environment that requires strong analytical and communication skills, as well as the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Screen and underwrite new investment opportunities, including financial analysis and excel cashflow modelling, financing, IRRs, output sensitivities, and more.
- Prepare investment committee memorandums and presentations, including undertaking necessary market research.
- Assist in deal execution and due diligence workstreams, including managing internal workstreams, liaising with external brokers and other stakeholders.
- Produce detailed portfolio management performance reporting for managed vehicles and individual assets on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Create budgeting and business planning materials for managed vehicles and relevant entities.
- Create and manage market research databases drawing on demographic and investment trends across the UK BTR sector.
- Support the senior team in establishing and implementing capital management strategies.
- Engage with external parties including service providers, lenders, and investors.
- Support the operations and finance teams with analysis and creation of presentation materials.
- Track and report on the performance of development projects from acquisition through to divestment.
The ideal candidate will have 2-3 years of post-graduate experience as an Analyst in a similar fast-paced environment. You should possess advanced analytical capabilities, including creating, calculating, and interpreting complex financial models such as DCF, NPV, IRR, etc. You should have well-developed communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to work independently and with fellow employees as part of a transnational or project team. You should also demonstrate maturity, reliability, and strong attention to detail, along with commercial acumen. Proven experience in investment/financial analysis and transaction support, preferably within BTR, PBSA, or other 'beds' sectors, is a must. Finally, you should be motivated, able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial atmosphere with significant growth opportunities and be extremely proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Tertiary education in real estate, mathematics, finance, business, or other related fields is required.
If you meet these qualifications and are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in the UK living real estate market, we encourage you to apply.