Are you an experienced Quantity Surveyor looking for your next position?
We are working with a leading and well-established 5 star housebuilder with a proven track record of delivering high-quality residential developments. They are seeking a Quantity Surveyor to join their team and take the lead on a brand new traditional build development of 350 units.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for:
- Preparation of reports as required
- Identifying risks and opportunities
- Understanding the approved Budget and package breakdowns
- Liaising with the technical team and design consultants so as to ensure design concepts and proposals are developed in line with the approved budgets and procurement tracker
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs
- Liaising with all members of the project team, including but not limited to construction, technical, sales, finance, customer service and estate management colleagues
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering and alternative solutions (early supply chain engagement)
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements and sustainability objectives
- Preparing scope of works and trade packages
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Subcontract tendering
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings
- Preparing subcontract documentation
- Raising subcontractor payments and ensuring associated notices and documentation are issued in a timely manner
- Sending agreed number of copies of all Contract Drawings and any revised drawings as issued to subcontractors
- Forecasting value of design variations
- Agreeing variations with subcontractor
- Countersigning site instructions
- Producing subcontractor instruction/variation reports
- Agreeing final account with subcontractors
- Fully completing monthly cost reports for approval
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor within the housebuilding industry.
- Strong knowledge of construction materials, processes, and regulations.
- Proficiency in relevant software tools, including Excel, cost estimating software, and project management systems.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams.
- A results-driven mindset with a keen eye for detail and accuracy.
Why Join Us? By joining our team, you'll benefit from:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment that values your contributions.
- Exciting opportunities for professional growth and career advancement.
- Involvement in innovative and impactful projects that make a difference in people's lives.
- Competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits.