Are you passionate about real estate and want to work for a company displaying rapid growth? An exciting opportunity has arisen from our client who are growing their Accounting and Finance department and are looking for a Senior Credit Controller to join their team.
Who you'll be working for:
Our client is a private property investment and development business, with an extensive portfolio of commercial, residential, and mixed-use real estate. They are a family run company with a 50 year old history steeped in Central London's brick and mortar. They pride themselves on old fashioned values whilst adopting a modern and forward thinking approach to their portfolios and businesses that occupy them.
What you'll be doing:
Your responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Responsible for rent collection using the Qube Property Management and Accounting system, working closely with the Property Team
- Support on identification of unallocated cash items and receipt allocation
- Tenant ledger reconciliations
- Setting up charges quickly and accurately for new tenants and reconciling cash receipts
- Ensuring all tenant demands are raised correctly and issued on time
- Chasing arrears by telephone, letter and email
- Resolve tenant queries promptly and accurately, recording all correspondence on Qube
- Monitor and maintain payment plans to ensure compliance
- Liaising with debt recovery advisers to recover arrears where necessary
- Producing regular Aged Debt reporting and any other ad hoc reporting required
- Supporting Finance Assistant to reconcile tenant deposits
- Ensure team processes & controls are followed
- Assistance with other finance functions and Qube related issues as required
What you'll bring:
- Previous experience with credit control in a property company is essential
- Self-starter with proactive and professional approach
- Collaborative team player
- Strong communication skills to deal with tenant queries firmly but politely
- Proficient user of IT systems including MS office (advanced Excel)
- Experience with property management and accounting systems, ideally Qube
- Attention to detail
What's in it for you?
As well as being able to offer you genuine career progression and help build your skills and expertise, you will also benefit from:
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Health care
- Life cover
If you feel you fit the above criteria and are looking to work with a growing business to further develop your career, please apply below. Alternatively, you can get in touch to discuss the position into more detail by calling Isabella Richards at deverellsmith.
We work as one
The key to growth is in our differences, not similarities. Alongside our partners, building a diverse, inclusive and equal environment is at our core: everyone is made to feel welcome and encouraged to be their authentic self. Respect isn't an opt-in, it's the only way forward.