Senior Design & Technical Manager
- Posted 26 May 2023
- Salary£80000 - £100000 per annum
- LocationMilton Keynes
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineInvestment, Land, Development & Technical
- Contact NameVerity Hampson-Smith
Senior Design & Technical Manager | Milton Keynes - Travel to Chelmsford & Warwick - up to £99,000 | 12 month Fixed term contract
Deverell Smith are seeking a Design & Technical Manager to join our client, a leading housing developer with a proven track record of delivering high-quality homes across the country. They are passionate about creating vibrant communities and are committed to delivering exceptional customer service to their clients.
As the Senior Design & Technical Manager, you will assume a key leadership role in our organisation, responsible for overseeing the design and technical aspects of our residential developments.
You will head up a team of 3 direct reports and take on a Site based role visiting residential projects in Warwick, Milton Keynes and Chelmsford.
- Provide strategic direction and leadership to the design and technical team, nurturing a collaborative and high-performance culture.
- Lead the design process, from concept development to detailed design, ensuring alignment with the company's vision and objectives.
- Collaborate closely with architects, engineers, consultants, and other stakeholders to develop innovative and practical design solutions.
- Oversee the preparation and review of architectural and engineering drawings, specifications, and construction details to ensure compliance with regulations, standards, and project requirements.
- Stay abreast of emerging design trends, construction technologies, and sustainable practices, integrating them into our projects where appropriate.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives, implementing best practices, and optimizing design processes to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Review and assess site viability during the feasibility and planning stages, providing input and guidance on design-related matters.
- Liaise with local authorities and regulatory bodies to secure planning approvals and ensure compliance with relevant codes and regulations.
- Monitor design budgets and timelines, ensuring adherence to project schedules and financial targets.
- Conduct regular site visits to assess progress, resolve design issues, and provide technical guidance to the construction team.
To be successful with your application ideally you will have;
- Experience within a similar role for a housebuilder (Timber frame experience essential)
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of building regulations and planning
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD
In return you will receive a salary of up to £99,000 and comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to work with a dynamic and growing company.
If you are interested in applying for this role please send your CV