Are you an experienced Senior Technical Manager looking to join a growing regional developer?
We are recruiting for a Senior Technical Manager to act as number 2 in department for a reputable housebuilder who's focus is on delivering high-quality residential developments. As they continue to expand their operations they are seeking an experienced and dynamic Manager to join the team.
Reporting directly to the Head of Technical you will be responsible;
- To lead on a number of projects and oversee the technical team for the design & delivery of all projects withing the Homes division.
- Develop and manage design programmes in line with the specific technical delivery strategy
- Ensure project deliverables and sales targets/approvals are met.
- Oversee the technical team and external consultants to ensure that consultant designs and technical inputs are completed on time, meeting the agreed standards and objectives
- Monitor the management of technical budgets on projects.
- Manage and maintain excellent relationships with all consultants and statutory authorities, whilst working alongside the in-house team, including land, planning, estimating, commercial and delivery teams.
- Work directly with the Sales and Marketing team to ensure customer needs are considered
- Support Sales and Marketing in management of access arrangements around the development for prospective purchasers
- Understand the customer journey through the duration of projects and ensure technical team understand their role in the same
- Operating and management of design delivery for live developments that include phased occupation of homes
- Assist the delivery team in maintaining the reputation of the company for good quality of finish to all elements of the projects and achieving set objectives
- Oversee design approvals for all subcontract and supplier designs
- Manage and monitor the delivery of design information to the commercial team to allow procurement in line with project delivery programmes
- Chair and manage design team meetings
- Appoint Design Consultants and manage consultant payments in line with company procedures
- Manage and mentor junior members of the technical team and carry out staff appraisals
- Organisation of the technical team structure to optimise the most efficient use of resources
- Input into land appraisals - highlighting technical risks and opportunities
- Liaise with the project Buyer to ensure the advanced and accurate requisitioning of materials and plant to allow cost effective purchasing
- Have a thorough knowledge of building warranty, building regulation and planning processes and ensure that the technical team discharge all conditions to allow project completions in line with the delivery programme.
- Provide all reports in line with company and departmental procedures
- Proven experience with a residential developer on both high end/volume build and traditional build housing projects
- Example delivery of housing schemes ranging from 50> residential homes
- Examples of mix use development including housing
- Excellent technical knowledge and understanding of design procedures
- Experienced liaising effectively with consultants and subcontractors
- Ability to report effectively to internal stakeholders
- End to end construction delivery experience, taking a project from inception to completion
- Proven track record of successfully managing time and costs
- Proven delivery in achieving the highest standards of health, safety, environmental controls and quality
- Experience of working effectively with a multi-disciplinary team of consultants
- CSCS Card
In return you will be joining a growing company and receive a salary of between £75,000 to £85,000 plus car allowance and benefits package.
Job has Expired