What does a Head of Land do?
As a Head of Land, you will play a crucial role in driving the growth and success of a real estate or development company by overseeing the acquisition of valuable land. Your position in the company will be more strategic and leadership-focused. Some specific responsibilities of a Head of Land may include:
● Developing and implementing land acquisition and development strategies aligning with the company's objectives and goals.
● Building and maintaining relationships with landowners, brokers, and other key stakeholders to identify and secure new land opportunities.
● Leading negotiations for the purchase of land.
● Overseeing the due diligence process for land acquisitions, including environmental assessments, zoning regulations, and other potential risks or challenges.
● Collaborating with other departments within the company to ensure that land development projects align with overall business objectives.
● Managing and mentoring a team of Land Managers and other staff members involved in land acquisition and development.
● Maintaining compliance with local and national land use and development legislation.
● Analysing market trends and property values to make informed decisions about land use and investment, including identifying opportunities for profitable land sales or other strategic transactions.
● Representing the company in negotiations and relationships with external parties such as local governments, community groups, and other stakeholders.
If you have a passion for real estate, a talent for strategic planning and negotiation, and the leadership skills to manage a team and drive results — a Head of Land job may be the perfect fit for you. Sign up with deverellsmith today to explore the latest Head of Land job opportunities, or browse our open positions below to find your next career move.