A Planning Director holds a significant position within a firm. Below are some of the responsibilities you can expect:
● Develop and implement the company's overall planning strategy, ensuring alignment with the company's goals and objectives.
● Oversee the planning process for multiple real estate projects, including land use analysis, zoning compliance, and community outreach.
● Oversee the preparation and filing of permit applications and the organisation of reviews and approvals for real estate developments.
● Monitor and report on project progress, identifying and addressing any issues that may arise.
● Work together with the company's legal and financial divisions to guarantee compliance and increase efficiency.
● Serve as the main point of contact for government agencies and other stakeholders on planning-related matters.
● Degree in public policy, urban planning, or a similar discipline, either a bachelor's or masters.
● Ten or more years of planning-related experience, at least five of which were spent in a senior position.
● Strong familiarity with municipal, state, and federal planning rules and practices.
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the capacity to collaborate successfully with various stakeholders.
● Creative and strategic thinking abilities
● Proven ability to lead and manage staff members, including providing guidance, feedback, and support.
● A passion for sustainable and community-driven development.
If you've been searching for a job as a Planning Director, sign up with us and get instant alerts of the latest job openings. You can also browse for available Planning Director jobs below and apply for those that fit your skill set.